NHL TRADE RUMORS: Just when we were starting to like Russian's Artemi Panarin pulls a "Mogilny"

Is this 1996? 97?......no? Well, then why am I having to read about a selfish greedy Russian N.H.L hockey player?

For those too young to remember, back in the day, if there was a Russian on your team, it felt more like he should be wearing a special jersey that indicated he was trying to help your team win but wasn't actually a member of your team, these were not warm cuddly people...they were talented as hell...but Pavel Bure played FOR the Vancouver Canucks, Sergei Fedorov played FOR the Detroit Red Wing's, Alex Mogilny's wife played FOR Shayne Corson....WHOOPS!...sorry, a slip of the tongue...Almo's wife's tongue slipped ON Corson's...AHH!...Forget it,

The point is, Russian players were VERRY GOOD.....and they didn't like you or your stupid city.

All that has done a total about-face, today's Russian hockey player, having been borne farther away from the soul-destroying effects of Communism, is a credit to the league and the city they play for.

Nail Yakapov has a habit of taking homeless men to nice restaurants and telling them "Order whatever you want" Once it made him late for practice, when grilled on why he was late, he replied: "Well, its not right for me to walk around with all this money and walk right past someone who says he's hungry....what do you expect me to do? Ignore him? Evgeni Malkin showed that though he is one of if not THE BEST hockey players in the world, he is an even BETTER human being. In a move that went underreported (Something tells me he tried to make this work, but couldn't due to being harassed by swindlers and grifters) Malkin announced on his Facebook page a year or two ago (Now I'm paraphrasing, but this is 99% what he actually said and nothing is exaggerated) "I can no longer stand by and do nothing, having been blessed with the success I've been given, while people who can't afford medical procedures or other life-saving necessities are crying out for help, as such if you are in such a situation you may state your case on this page, if you are found to be telling the truth, I will pay for what you need, please DO NOT ASK ME TO BUY YOU A HOUSE OR A CAR, this is for those in dire need ONLY"....WOW...I can't really say anything other than...Evgeni Malkin...You are my Hero.

Ovechkin is well known for his charitable works and straight up giving money away, but the thing I want to point out concerning him is this: I don't think I have EVER enjoyed watching someone win the Stanley Cup as much as Alex Ovechkin, he didn't act like a millionaire athlete, he acted like some kid/fan who had been given the opportunity to live out a dream. As the seconds ticked off the clock in the final game this year and the camera focussed on Ovechkin, I FELT LIKE I WAS WINNING THE STANLEY CUP, he did the Stanley Cup proud, he lifted it above and beyond all other championships, he showed everyone watching why it truly is the hardest title to win and the most valuable. There has always been something vaguely mystical about the cup, it seems more important than a World-serries, Super-Bowl Ring.....or, ugh...(And the NBA should do something about this, call it The Jordan Cup or something I.E "He's a two-time Jordan Cup Champion" I don't like or watch the NBA ((NHL, MMA, Judo, JuJitsu for me)) but I can feel how unimportant their league title is) and Alex Ovechkin made certain the Cup will be even MORE mystical and "Holy-Grail" like for generations to come, any kid who watched that will never forget it.

And that brings us too........WAAAAH WAHHHHHH........Artemi Pannerin...he came out of nowhere seemingly...can we send him back there maybe?

Panerin and his agent made news today with a passive aggressive slandering of the city of Columbus and an all-too-obvious attempt to manipulate the Blue Jackets by means of ensuring that there will be ill-will amongst Blue-Jackets fans if he starts the season with the team, they ensured there will be a distraction there will be a distraction and possibly friction in the locker room. They basically are attempting to hold the team's fortune's hostage, to devalue the season's tickets of any fan who has ponied up the cash to buy them already or changed the mind of someone on the fence.

They showed they are willing to cause injury to everyone in and around the Columbus Blue Jackets (yes, its just entertainment, but what someone does here, they will also do over there. Character is no respecter of venue.)


 Just terrible....apparently Panarin wants to go to New York, L.A or Miami...these locations have nothing to do with hockey and everything to do with the fact that those three cities are the only ones that matter to Russians. This was no spontaneous happening either. He and his agent know EXACTLY what they are doing, He's trying to create an environment where Columbus want him out of the locker room ASAP. To start the season with him on the roster is a distraction, bad press and will cause ill-will amongst fans,

Panerin has shown himself to be a selfish individual and Columbus would do well to get rid of him, whether they are playing into the nefarious plan or not....there is plenty of young talent on Florida Panthers, get a couple of good players. However, if I was an NHL GM I would NEVER want this guy on my team EVER, regardless of whether he wanted to come or not. If I was the GM of LA, NY or FLA I would call his agent and say "Sorry, we aren't interested in players like your client, if you two are willing to shaft the Blue Jackets, then I don't trust you not to shaft me.....but hey, I hear Winnipeg is nice this time of year, why not give them a call?"

SCREW PANNERIN ....and if you are a Columbus fan, there is NOTHING wrong with your city and a hell of a lot RIGHT about you as fans, if I was an NHL player I would be honored to play in that building........I still get goosebumps when I think of that playoff series about...5 years ago? It was maybe your first time in the playoffs (second?)

It became destination TV programming, myself and a lot of other fans stopped watching their own team's series (I was in LA and I think this may have been the Kings first cup year?)
and switched over to watch the city of Columbus absolutely steal the show and in my opinion, though the team never made it out of the first round, you guys earned yourselves the Conn Smythe trophy...ELECTRIC! I could feel the energy blasting out through my TV, it honestly blew me away, if I was a player, I would have called my agent and said: "Do whatever it takes, I want to be part of THAT!!"

If Artemi Panarin doesn't, then he doesn't DESERVE to be a Blue Jacket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why the Boss RC 202 looper is better than the 505 and how it helps the creative process.

The Vancouver Canucks and Alexander Mogilny: The Jerk-off you never knew

NHL NEWS:Jaramir Jagr retires? GOOD! Ever hear the story about Tochett punching Jagr out at practice?